This post is a draft and will not appear on your blog page.
Making Money with Mobile Homes for Sale That Must Be Moved
If you comb through your local online advertisement site, let’s say Craigslist.com you will likely find a few advertisements for mobile homes that must be sold and "must be moved" in order to buy. These homes offer a great source of inexpensive quality homes for the prepared investor to pick up minus the land for pennies on the dollar compared to what your competition may be paying.
Why would a mobile home need to be moved before I buy it?
The sellers of the mobile home for sale may or may not own the land under which the home is sitting. If the sellers do own the land then it is more than likely he or she is wishing to upgrade to a larger and newer mobile home or perhaps build a traditional site-built home. The owner’s old manufactured home may need to be removed from its foundation before a new mobile home can be pulled on to the foundation.
The Seller's Problem?
Some mobile home movers may not transport mobile homes older than 20 years old. Similarly many mobile home parks will not allow 10-20 year old homes to be moved in to their parks. So what can a home owner do with this unwanted mobile home that may or may not need repairs?
The answer is to try and sell their "in-the-way" home to the highest bidder. Unfortunately, many times there are little to zero buyers looking to buy a used mobile home that has to be moved. On average a mobile home will cost between three and ten thousand dollars to transport (within town) depending on the size of the home.
Some owners even look to have metal companies pull the home off the land to recycle it. Even scrap metal companies charge for this service. So after months and months a motivated seller can turn into a Top Priority seller and want to get rid of the home at any cost.
Some sellers even give away their unwanted mobile homes for little to nothing. >>FREE<<
Begin looking for advertisements that read, "Home must be moved" in the body of the description.
Steps to a FREE mobile home (always be on the look-out):
- 1. Know where you want to move a home once you find one. Line up a park or acquire a piece of vacant land (zoned for a mobile home) to keep your home. If your mobile home does qualify many mobile home parks are giving great incentives to pull a home in. Incentives such as; discounted lot rent, free lot rent, part or 100% of the transport fee paid for, and more. Find a park that will pay for your mobile home to be moved into their park.
- 2. Find a mobile home for sale and negotiate win-win terms. If this seller is a Top Priority seller they may give the home way free of charge just to be rid of it. Locate a top priority seller and offer to remove it for free.
- 3. Call local movers in your area. You do not need the best company just the cheapest company that will safely and legally get the home moved (within town) and "Set-Up" (Water, Plumbing and/or Gas connected and leveled).
- One or more of these connecting services may need to be preformed by a professional. Secure a local mover that understands their company will be paid by the mobile home park.
- 4. Transport the home and sell for a profit.
Thanks for reading. What where your thoughts on this article?