• Lender
  • Los Angeles
Votes |
Offering at Owners Loan Payoff Amount

Richard W.
  • Lender
  • Los Angeles
Posted Nov 18 2014, 13:41

Im looking to purchase a SFH as a rental and told the listing agent I would offer 51k for a house that was listed for 60k. Early in our conversation I asked what the sellers loan payoff amount was and got a vague answer that the agent didnt know and it was probably $100k + (I should have insisted on the payoff amount prior to talking numbers). I sent POF and a scanned copy of EMD check but havent actually signed an offer to purchase contract. A couple things came up. The agents assistant sent me a buyers agent agreement that included a $400 brokers processing fee which I told them was unacceptable and they said they would waive it. Additionally, the assistant sent me a preliminary HUD 1 doc that listed the fee again, and also listed the sellers loan payoff amount which is $45k.

Since I havent actually signed an offer or agent agreement, and now know the payoff amount, should I write an offer at the payoff amount?  Is there a rough percentage of the outstanding balance that the banks will accept.  Any input is greatly appreciated

Loading replies...