Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Beth L.
  • Investor
  • Hagerstown, MD
Votes |
Questions--How to use a Property Management LLC as the "face" of my rental business

Beth L.
  • Investor
  • Hagerstown, MD
Posted Sep 12 2014, 10:25

So currently we have a number of duplexes being held each in its own LLC, with separate bank accounts and everything. I feel that before this venture gets too large, that I should create a Property Management LLC to be the "face" of the business. This is the name that I will use to answer calls, post rental signs, use in all paperwork to the tenants, etc. Then each of the buildings are like separate owners for which I am managing.

How do I handle the logistics of this? What is the best way to do the accounting? Have the tenants send rent to the PM and then the PM will send the income minus a property mgmt fee to each of the building LLCs? All or some expenses run through the PM and offset the income? For specifics, I can check with my CPA and RE lawyer, but they aren't experienced Property Managers. :-)

Anyone else use a PM company to handle all of their rentals set up this way? Any words of wisdom would be awesome!

Thanks!!!

Loading replies...