• Wallingford, CT
Votes |
Entry level real estate job

Chris Puglisi
  • Investor
  • Wallingford, CT
Posted Jan 28 2015, 15:14

Good afternoon Bigger Pockets members, 

I am interested in finding a job that will help me learn the real estate industry as well as help me save up so I could start real estate investing and build a career.  Just to give a little background about me, I have a finance degree but have been working as a manager in the fitness industry.  I have been in this industry for a while and I am ready to move on.  I am looking to find a full time, or even part time, job in the real estate industry so that I can learn more about how the industry runs.  I have been sending a lot of resumes out, mostly to property manager and  assistant property manager jobs.  I figure that a property manager position will give me the experience I am looking for so that when I start buying my own properties I am more knowledgeable and prepared.   The problem I am running into is that most of these positions require 2-5 years of real estate experience.  My management in fitness has taught me excellent customer service and sales skills and I think these would be very useful in the real estate industry.  

What other types of positions do you think I should apply to in order to learn and grow in the industry?

Thank you in advanced

Chris  

Loading replies...