• Project Engineer
  • Miami Beach, FL
Votes |
Do you track your NET WORTH?

Pavlos Kasselouris
  • Project Engineer
  • Miami Beach, FL
Posted Aug 27 2015, 18:02

After reading the book of the millionaire real estate investor by Gary Keller, where it says to track your net worth frequently, I started few months ago to track my net worth and see it how it performs during time. I must say that I got really obsessed with this, and try to improve constantly the rate of increase with a combination of control my personal spending and getting the most out of my real estate endeavors and investments. I created a excel sheet where I insert data and it shows also a graph. I'm sure I can make it a lot more complex, but its not something I need right now. Because I moved to the states beginning of 2013 and know exactly how much capital I brought with me and with combination of the monthly bank statements I was able to use approximate numbers to have a historical view. It fascinated to see the history...   

I use Mint where I have logged in all my assets and liabilities and it calculates most of this automatically. Market value of my real estate and personal notes I calculate my self, everything else it gets the data automatically. For budget watch I prefer using my banks online system (wells fargo)

Currently I see an average increase of approximately 1.1% monthly and so far it looks that it increases as time goes by and I leverage my capital more. After I file my taxes next year I should have a better view of things. 

Anyone else has this habit and how much increase have you seen with your REI?

Loading replies...