• Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Clinton, MD
Votes |
Need to Move Out of My Comfort Zone and I'm Taking Suggestions

Teresa F.
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Clinton, MD
Posted Aug 28 2015, 12:19

Hi BP's --  I am a long time buy and hold investor.  Have great tenants and will continuing being a buy and hold investor.  I am licensed to practice law and did that for many years.  Three years ago and I took and passed the Maryland Bar so that I could sit for the Maryland Broker's exam.  Took it, passed, it, and opened my own Brokerage.  I currently have two wonderful agents (one is thanks to Bigger Pockets!) and while small, I enjoy doing my brokerage work.  I also sit on the Board of Hyacinth's Place.  It provides housing to women with a mental health diagnosis.  All of this to say . . . I need to learn something new.  

I just bought J Scott's book (and am really enjoying it!) so I am thinking about building a rehab machine to help pay for my Grands college but not sure that I want to work that hard.  (Prior to the brokerage I regularly took four months "off" to travel.)

Any ideas for challenging?  Fun?  I am not great a math (the LSAT doesn't require math) so I tend to deal with that by insisting my rentals make money from day one.  

Looking for to your creativity!  

Thanks, Teresa

Loading replies...