BiggerPockets

Personal Resume to introduce myself investors and lenders. Please critique and bring suggestion

Forum Powered By:

10 posts by 5 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Dee Xixi

Real Estate Investor from waltham, Massachusetts

Mar 15 '11, 02:59 PM

XXXXXXXX Name XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX Address and emailXXXXXXX

Career Focus:
Real Estate Investing, Note Buying & Community Development

Summary of Qualification:

A determined results-driven Real Estate investor. For the past 7 years, I have been involved in the real estate lending and a former loan officer for National Lending Corporation. Currently investment, buying, and selling properties in the New Bedford area. Managed several apartment buildings for absentee owners in the Brookline area.

Goal:

• To acquire and rehabilitate apartment complexes to green efficient rentals as long-term assets properties to build passive income.
• To have a financially sound portfolio of 15 income producing rentals properties of 6 units or higher in the greater of Boston area.
• To promote through Caribbean Integration Community Development (CICD) a diverse and economically balanced community by bridging the gap of migratory challenges facing Caribbean newcomers

Areas Of Expertise Include:
Property Management-Short Sale-Probate-Absentee owners

Education
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth North Dartmouth, MA
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science May 2006

Professional Experience

Corporate Experience

Partners HealthCare at Dana Farber Cancer Institute 2006- present

Desktop Support Analyst

• Led the technology innovation team called the “PC Refresh Program” for Dana Farber. From 2008-2010, successfully replaced over 2,000 computers to newer equipment.
• Led the opening project for the installation and setup of over 350 computer devices and peripherals for the opening of the South Shore Cancer Center.
• Managed all the technical aspect of “The Blade Personal Computer” a pilot trial which is an alternative to traditional PCs, maximizing the end user’s experience.
• Implemented new database tracking system to evaluate current computer equipment inventory.
• Developed new customer relationships and provide day-to- day support for existing end users.

Entrepreneurial Experience

Apanou Management, LLC

Own, operate, and manage a Real Estate business in the Waltham area. Responsible for all aspects of business operations including: customer service, Real Estate acquisition, marketing, administration and finance. As a property manager, I supervised and maintained the ongoing upkeep of 2 residential units and 7 commercial properties. I interacted daily with tenants and contractors.

Key Strengths, Skills, Abilities

• Fluently trilingual in English, Creole, and French (oral and written)
• Strong team leader in a customer service environment
• Proven ability to manage in a multi-tasking environment
• Highly organized with superior problem-solving and analytical abilities
• Served as Coordinator for the Haitian American Student Association at UMass Dartmouth 2003-2006

References available upon request

Kendall Matthews

Real Estate Consultant from Mesa, Arizona

Mar 15 '11, 03:40 PM

Dee, to clarify, do you plan on handing this resume to other investors to hire you on their team or company?

Dee Xixi

Mar 15 '11, 10:12 PM

Hi Kendall,
I am planning to send the resume with a business plan to local credit union and few targeted investors in order to raise capital for my real estate venture.
Any critiques or suggestions on the resume

Bryan A. Donor

Real Estate Investor from Charlotte, North Carolina

Mar 16 '11, 12:35 AM
1 vote

I am planning to send the resume with a business plan to local credit union

i wouldn't send...that's very impersonal...i'd make appointments...local banks and small credit unions want to get to know you

Bryan A., Carolinas Revitalization, LLC
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 704-905-6510
To see ongoing and upcoming projects, please like us on Facebook!

Dee Xixi

Mar 16 '11, 12:42 AM

Bryan,
I have called and emailed couple credits to set up an one-one meeting with their vps but the first thing they ask me do I have a resume and/or business plan. My feeling they wont bother schedule a meeting with a stranger with out knowing much of the person, am I right?

Bryan A. Donor

Mar 16 '11, 12:46 AM

call and ask to speak with the person who is in charge of the loans..if you don't have great documented income, and/or you want to buy multifamiles, ask for ther person in charge of commercial lending....take 2 minutes to tell him/her what you do and what you plan to do, and just say you'd love to come in for 15 minutes one day to discuss how yall could work together..i've done this about 15 times, and never have i been asked for a formal resume or biz plan...i do, however, bring tax returns, bank statements, a subject property if i have something in mind, the last property i did if you have any experience....that should get you in the door...good luck

Bill Gulley

Real Estate Investor from Springfield, Missouri

Mar 16 '11, 12:54 AM

I think it's too long. I want someone to catch my attention with skills that I need or advertised for. The rest might be a letter to follow up with an outline to be discussed in the inetrview. Good luck

Dee Xixi

Mar 21 '11, 07:23 AM

Bryant,
Normally for what purpose you talk to the personnel at the bank? LOC-conventional financing?
To be sure what are the documents to have for the meetings?

Thanks

Steve Babiak

Real Estate Investor from Audubon, Pennsylvania

Mar 21 '11, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by Dee Xixi:
• Fluently trilingual in English, Creole, and French (oral and written)

Many here claim fluency in the English language, but judging from their postings here on the forums, I'd have to say they tend to exaggerate their English skills ...

Steve Babiak, Redeeming Properties, LLC
Telephone: 6109082183

Bryan A. Donor

Mar 21 '11, 08:42 AM

i always ask for the person in charge of commercial loans....as for documents, check out this blog post i wrote..it details how i found a small bank to lend me money...good luck

http://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/1361/blog_posts/9797-so-how-do-you-get-that-small-bank-on-your-side-

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums