Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Monica Burt
  • Homeowner
  • Germantown, TN
Votes |
How did you incorporate? C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC??

Monica Burt
  • Homeowner
  • Germantown, TN
Posted Oct 23 2012, 15:23

I am looking to incorporate myself for a variety of reasons before fully engaging in my RE journey. I am curious what option you took for incorporation and why you chose that option. I have an MBA so I know a decent amount about the benefits and disadvantages of each option but I want to know what others in the RE world chose to do. I am just now trying to figure things out but potentially I would like to flip some homes and I would like to broaden my RE portfolio to hold some properties long term and live off (or save or use the cash to continue investing it all depends on my 9-5 situation) of the cash flow so that I can hopefully retire early.

I am assuming that the S-Corp route is the way to go but I am not certain. There are also a variety of ways to get this done online but I am a little nervous about handling something so important via a website. Did you use a website or an attorney and/or an accountant to assist you with your incorporation? I live in TN...just in case you are curious.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Loading replies...