• Rehabber
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
1 under my belt but want to move forward on others. Houston, TX

Brad Kormash
  • Rehabber
  • Houston, TX
Posted Feb 5 2014, 13:20

This is my first post on BP. I'm excited to join this community and learn from others who have sucessfully invested in real estate. My dad and I have been contractors all of our lives and a few years ago bought a home that was in bad cosmetic shape from a local wholesaler. We completly remodeled the home ourselves and put it up for sale. It was 2009 and the housing market was rough in Houston as in other areas of the country. It sat for a while and we ended up selling it and broke even. We have been hesitant to do it again but recently we both have the urge to jump back in. We have joined BP in hopes of learning more about where to find deals and how others are sucessfully investing in real estate. Our goal is to flip a few homes to build our cash reserves and then begin to build a rental portfolio for the long term.

One question that I would throw out there is this: Are there mentors out there who will guide you through your first couple of deals for a fee? Not sure if this is a common practice but I would love to hear any imput.

Thanks and I look forward to connecting with others in in the BP community.

Brad

Loading replies...