Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Nichole Wall
  • Wholesaler
  • Orwell, NY
Votes |
How do I go about working for an investor??

Nichole Wall
  • Wholesaler
  • Orwell, NY
Posted Jul 23 2014, 19:33

Hi guys,

So I've known from day one of getting into investing that I needed to find a mentor in my local market to learn from and not try to learn from one not near me. I did get in contact with one and he helped me estimate a repair cost on a house that I ultimately (and then unsuccessfully) wholesaled. And he took me around one day to his properties for sale and I got to see him buy a house in 20 minutes for 45K and found out 2 months later he flipped it for 85k to one of his tenants!! He's a genius!! But one thing...I feel like I'm bothering him but...I want to see and know more!! I asked him if I could follow him around again and he said anytime but didn't get back to me about it. So my question is...should I offer to pay him to mentor me once a week or ask if he has any openings at his business to work for him to learn the business?? Or how do I find another local investor and ask them for the same thing?? This kind of goes along the lines of podcast 21 I believe where Jerry got paid to help a local investor answer phones. I need to do that!! I'm a hands-on person. Any suggestions would be great, thank you!! ~Nichole 

Loading replies...