Votes
Don Whitmire
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Aquiring a Vacant Property

Don Whitmire
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Jul 31 2014, 15:28

I'm very new to Wholesaling but I feel there is an opportunity for me to make a deal with a fairly decent property that has been vacant for years. 

Situation: The house was built in 2001 and just from the looks of it seems in very good condition. I'm trying to find a trusted contract to help estimate repair cost which I think will be minimum . Based on County records it is worth about 65K.

I identified the owner through County records but I have NOT contacted them. And this is where I have questions. I tried looking up a valid phone number without any luck. Plus I just don't know how to approach the owner about selling this property. I would like to call, but I don't really know what to say,what questions to ask or how to approach them. 

My Plan: I was thinking about sending a letter to them first to see if they would like to sell the property. But since I'm so new to wholesaling I was going to wait and go to a REIA meeting first so I could talk to a few investors and possible get some advice.

I really don't know what my next plan of action should be on how to get a deal done for this specific property, but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Loading replies...