• Real Estate Investor
  • Troutdale, OR
Votes |
Becoming a Realtor

Kenneth Huddleston
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Troutdale, OR
Posted Aug 21 2014, 21:22

Hey. I am 16 years old, almost 17, and i have been interested in real estate investing for quite a while now. Because such investments are pretty tricky as a minor i have been looking to become a realtor once i graduate high school. I already know about what is involved in getting the license so i was just looking for advise on the occupation itself.

Question 1) How long does it take to get profitable? I hear the generic numbers that say 1 year but i wanted to hear from people who have done it. For instance, if i do this i would plan to hit the ground running and would be working full time at it, would constantly be networking for customers at auctions, seminars, and so forth, and i would be looking to learn as much as i can in as little time as possible. That in mind, would it still take a year?

Question 2) What is the market like right now for realtors?

Question 3) After i have been established, what kind of income could i reasonably expect from the career? I ask because, as i said, this would be my gateway to real estate investing and a higher income would aid in my investments. I hear that the real aces of a brokerage can make upwards of 200k per year, but what would be logical to assume after getting myself initially established?

Loading replies...