• Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Oppinions on when to start an LLC

David Rupp
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Oct 21 2014, 06:11

I know what your all thinking, "not another LLC question," but hear me out on this one. =)

I was listening to Michael Quarles podcast the other day and he started talking about getting some Nike polo shirts with your company logo on them as a way of advertising. It got me to thinking however that it might be a great way for me to appear more professional. The fist thing out of every sellers mouth (except one) when I step out of the car is "wow, your young." I know that doesn't affect anything, but I am wondering if I can kill that objection for them before it is posed. 

My previous plan was to wait until I had some deals under my belt before I started an LLC, but now I am thinking I should just do it now. It would allow me to have a company name behind me, and give me more legitimacy when I step out of my car to meet a seller.

My questions are, does this make sense? And, should I file the paperwork myself or hire an attorney to do it for me? I have heard people say that they hired an attorney to do it for them just in case they were ever sued, thinking it would give them greater legal standing then if they had done it on their own. Is there anything to that? 

Thanks,

David

Loading replies...