Christopher Tabb
  • Metro Detroit, MI
Votes |
Networking

Christopher Tabb
  • Metro Detroit, MI
Posted Oct 31 2014, 08:00

Hello!

I'm new to investing and looking to network with a few local investors in my area. I've been on this BiggerPockets Podcast kick for 3 weeks now and they always mention to get involed in the forums and reach out so I'm giving it a shot. Absolutely Love the podcast's so if you haven't checked them out i highly recommend it!

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/p...

Now i have went to the REIA of Macomb a few months ago to begin networking that way, but was followed by a women from Legal Shield trying to get me into her program. We talked for a few weeks but it just felt like a pyramid scheme and wasn't apart of my passion for real estate so i pretty much stopped attending.

So i went over to criagslist and posted an add "Looking for a career change". 2 weeks later i got a call from a gentleman who worked at Keller Willaims. They had a position for someone to drive around taking pictures of REO Properties 2 days a week so i jumped on it. For me it's pretty exciting to walk into these homes and get a feel for what needs to be done, what the repair costs would be, what the home would be listed for, how the property was purchased, pretty much how the whole process works. Been doing it for a month so far, the pay is decent but at least i have the chance to listen to podcast's all day so basically I'm getting paid to learn and study areas I've never even been to.

What I'm looking for is like minded people i can network with and learn my sounding markets i plan to market to. Possible join more local groups in my area and meet investors i can bounce ideas off of. I'm done sitting on the side lines, ready to make a move so if your interested ill even take you out for coffee!

Loading replies...