Ross Rauschenbach
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Double Closing vs. Separate Closing

Ross Rauschenbach
  • Houston, TX
Posted Nov 21 2014, 13:12

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forums but I've been doing research into wholesaling as a way to get started in real estate investing. It seems like there is a lot of conflicting info out there so I was hoping that someone here could clear things up for me.

I understand that if you don't want your seller to see the amount of your assignment fee you can do a blind HUD, but I was wondering if you have to close with the seller before you close with your buyer. I've heard that you can close with your buyer first but that seems kind of sketchy since I wouldn't actually own the house yet.

Also, why are title companies so leery to tell you what you can and can't do? I called one today to ask about the closing process and they just told me they don't like to do deals like that but she didn't say they wouldn't. She recommend that I speak to an attorney before doing anything but I don't have enough money to afford an attorney. 

I really want to learn more about this so I can move on and start making offers. I'm in Houston, TX if that helps. 

Loading replies...