• Halifax, Nova Scotia
Votes |
Beginners advice!

Christian Chaffe
  • Investor
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posted Nov 23 2014, 11:29

Hi everyone!

I have recently found the BP community and the wealth of information on here is incredible. It has been a huge help with my planning and has really given me the push to begin my REI business, so I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of the contributors on this site for your time and wanting to share you expertise - it has been invaluable!

I have just started a company called 'Laurus Realty' and I plan on wholesaling for the first 6 months with a view to then start rehabbing once I have built up my appraising and pricing ability. I am about to start my first marketing campaign and I plan on initially using bandit signs, online ads and direct mail. With this in mind, I have a question that I wanted to get everyone's opinion on.

- In regards to advertising my services, would it be more effective to advertise as 'Laurus Realty', with an option for potential customers to visit my website (which would be full of information about our services as a company), or would it be better to buy a domain such as 'webuyhouses.com' that would direct to a squeeze page to capture information with the option of then directly visiting my companies website?

The reason I'm asking this is because I imagine that consumers are probably more likely to be attracted to a domain/service that is self explanatory like 'webuyhouses.com' rather than just another real estate company's website. Am I right in thinking this? Or should I just stick to advertising the company and services as 'Laurus Realty' to avoid confusion?

Any advice would be hugely helpful :)

Christian

Loading replies...