Kyle Alberry
  • Watertown, NY
Votes |
Starting from the very bottom

Kyle Alberry
  • Watertown, NY
Posted Dec 4 2014, 14:55

Hello again BiggerPockets community!

Next month I am going to make my way down from New York to Arizona to have a fresh start, and ultimately to start my real estate business. I am 19 years old and I am dropping out of college after figuring out that I do not really need a degree in order to be successful, especially in real estate. Instead of spending my money on college I would rather invest it.

My plan at the moment is to get my real estate licence, and after getting down there and paying fees I would have 3.5-4 months worth of expenses. If I pass the test, it would be about a month before I could pass the state exam and sign to a brokerage after my classes. Do you think this is an efficient way to start my real estate career? If I would like to make a living investing (flips/rentals/wholesale) should I start out with being a real estate agent for a while to learn the business/market?

My plan is to make at least 30k my first year and within a year to a year and a half, purchase an owner occupied 203k FHA fix-up rental to start. Are there some flaws in the beginning of my plan? Can something be done more efficiently?

Thanks,

Kyle

Loading replies...