• Investor
  • Saint Cloud, MN
Votes |
Leasing Consultant

Kyle Soderman
  • Investor
  • Saint Cloud, MN
Posted Jan 30 2015, 15:40

Well yesterday I had an interview for a leasing consultant position at a local apartment building here in the St. Cloud area. I just wanted to share this with everyone along with getting your suggestions.

The interview went great! I felt the property manager and I really connected and I have a good chance of getting the job (crossing my fingers). I feel as though this would be a great way to get in to the real estate industry and start learning hands on while I finish college. After college I plan on working in commercial property management while investing on the side.

I do realize this is a site for investing but I am sure there are users on here that work in property management. So here is my question, The pay for the job is $8.00/Hr. plus commission on unit rentals. Do you feel that is reasonable pay for the part-time position? I find it hard to leave my job at $10.75/Hr. to only 8+ commission, but I know it would be tremendous experience for myself and my resume. Any suggestion or good lucks will be very much appreciated!

Additional info-

Units in building: 112

Commission: $35/ unit rented by me.

Company: Owns 37 building throughout MN, so opportunity to move up through the company.

Loading replies...