Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Shannon Fong
  • Columbia, MD
Votes |
Just starting out and reluctant and real estate agents are helping the cause.

Shannon Fong
  • Columbia, MD
Posted Mar 29 2015, 12:17

Hello everyone,

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday afternoon.  This weekend was a fail trying to look at properties again.

I would like to purchase my first buy and hold by the end of April. 

I am looking in Baltimore.  I don't mind finding a property that may need a total rehab if the numbers are right. I plan on holding properties for a very long, long time. I plan on paying all cash for the purchase and rehab.

However,  two realtors so far seem not interested in showing me home in which I DON'T MIND the key is I DON'T MIND doing a rehab.  I am looking for properties on streets where there are other occupied properties and the house next to the one I am interested is adjacent to at least one other occupied property.

However, all they say to me is that property is a lot of work because it may need a complete rehabs.  Which, I am fine with it as long as the number match.

I have asked them are they use to selling these types of homes and are they comfortable and they both said yes.  However, I am not sure.  

Any advise?

PS: The guy, I saw today was like yeah our company has 1200 properties (which I ask if they could show me a few in my price range in prior emails which I was told would be okay ).  He kept telling us they are in really bad shape and I wouldn't want to see them.  Is he trying to sell these properties for his company or not? I don't get it.

Loading replies...