Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Joel G.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Sunnyvale, CA
Votes |
If you had these resources...what would you do??

Joel G.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Sunnyvale, CA
Posted Apr 21 2015, 18:24

My wife and I want a different life...where we are not accountable to anyone but ourselves...who doesn't right?

If you click on my bio you will see our basic background and goals...short...I promise. 

We are not beholden to any REI discipline and do have some skills.

We have a SFR in Las Vegas that is rented to a family member for cost...so no cash flow, but well kept and debt pay down and has approx $70k in equity and can be disposed of as necessary. We have a home in Silicon Valley with approx $200-250k in equity (depending on which RE Agent we speak with) and which we are willing to sell to help bankroll our business. In addition, we have approx. $250k in 401Ks we are willing to structure in a way that will allow us to get at...at least 50% or more (at least that is what we have read here). We would love to leave our jobs but are willing to stay to facilitate things. Our salaries are around $200k combined.

Tammy and I are in our mid/late 40s and our goal is to be able to have enough freedom to travel and take care of our families while we still have our health and are young enough to enjoy those experiences...whether that takes 5 yrs or 25 yrs. 

We aren't strangers to hard work and are willing to do so to get started.

So if you were starting over and had these resources and the willingness to use them...what would you do??

Loading replies...