Votes
Annie Gillespie
  • Manchester, NH
Votes |
Under contract on my first property, getting nervous

Annie Gillespie
  • Manchester, NH
Posted May 22 2015, 17:34

Hi everyone, my husband and I are under contract on our first investment property, it's a triplex in Manchester, NH

We currently live in Connecticut, and I planning to owner occupy the property within the next year depending when everything aligns with work and selling/ possibly renting out our current house. It is about 2 1/2 hours from Manchester, nh.

We made it through inspection, it is a 100 year old house and needs a roof before the winter, I am figuring it should be about 15kish, but haven't gotten quotes.

Putting 3.5% down with an FHA loan the p&i +mortgage insurance are $1200 a month taxes and insurance put it at about $1700, then $400 for maintenance/capex, and $100 for water/sewer and house electric, 8% $244 for vacancy.

Current income is $3050/month, after calculating for maintenance, vacancy, capex I figure we should cash flow around $600/month. Or $200/door

The current owner has been bad about getting us documents, we have yet to see the leases, which is making me nervous, and the cost of the roof being an unknown is also worrying me. Along with we plan to self manage from Connecticut until we owner occupy in the near future.

I'm not sure if I should move forward at this point or am jumping in to it without enough knowledge. The current owner also hasn't provided us with past utility bills (water/sewer and electric meter for hallways/coin ops). Am I missing anything for expenses?

Loading replies...