• Saint Paul, MN
Votes |
Starting in Turnkey REI

Sandesh Sapre
  • Investor
  • Saint Paul, MN
Posted May 25 2015, 14:39

Hi everyone,

I am Sandy. I heard about Turnkey Real Estate investing a few months back. I like the concept of passive income without being an actual landlord. I started researching companies that provide this service. So far I have talked to a 3 of them. American Wealth Builder, Epic and maverick group. Any of you worked with these companies before. I'd love to hear your experiences. I looked at the sample properties from each one of these and they look reasonable on paper in terms of numbers. However when I researched about the neighborhoods, each one of those happened to be lower income neighborhoods with not so great schools and that was the reason ( in my mind at least) for the price to be little cheaper and numbers being attractive (12-15%) I am little concerned about investing in such properties simply from vacancy perspective.

A part of me tells me that they are just trying to make a quick sale as nothing is guaranteed in real estate business. Last thing I want to do is invest in an out of state property that sits empty for the most part. There is also a part of me that says that I won't know it unless I actually do it

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to provide where I am coming from on the matter. I look forward to expert opinions. Also, if you have any other suggestions in terms of companies, I'd truly appreciate that. 

Loading replies...