Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Josh Koett
Pro Member
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
When to break away from Turnkey properties...

Josh Koett
Pro Member
  • San Diego, CA
Posted May 29 2015, 10:46

Hello BP community,

I attended a Passive Income/Turnkey company seminar and I was impressed in the professionalism and attention to detail.  This company will walk me through the ownership process  and will cover the property management from A-Z.  I've decided I'm  going to purchase my first property through them.---    I work in construction and I would like to purchase and rehab properties to rent out.   I'm not confident in my construction abilities to rehab an entire house yet and have no investment experience.  I think this company would work  great for me now, but I would eventually like to  do it alone.   Ive met people who own nearly 10 Turnkey properties,  which works for them as they had no construction experience or desire to learn or move to another state.  My question is this.  Should I purchase 1 or 2 properties to learn about the process then branch out? It sounded simple, but I just finished a real estate class and it's a lot more complicated than I thought and that's just the realtor side of things.  Any thoughts on how I should organize this? or if there's a limit on Turnkeys I should purchase before going on my own. Thanks for reading, Josh

Loading replies...