Votes
Jeremy S.
  • Elizabeth, PA
Votes |
Looking to Work (For Free) with a Chicago Area Investor

Jeremy S.
  • Elizabeth, PA
Posted Aug 3 2015, 19:44

I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting this. I remember seeing a rule about chasing mentors. I am in the stage of building capital and knowledge before I go after my first deal. I live and want to invest in the Pittsburgh area, however I am working in the Chicago area for at least the next month or three. It could be until Christmas, I am honestly not sure how long I will be here.

I want to trade some labor painting/ landscaping/ whatever needs done for an investor in return to gain some knowledge on why they bought the property and dive into the numbers behind the deal. I would prefer to work with someone who does buy and hold deals because that is what I want to do, but I am open to whatever. I would like to work side by side with an investor who is still in the stage that they complete a lot of the smaller stuff that needs done. Basically I don't want to be just thrown into a unit and told hey give me a call when you are done painting and I will show you the numbers behind the deal. I rather work WITH someone not FOR.

That being said, I get off at 5pm most days so it would have to be after that during the weekdays. I am free pretty much every Saturday and Sunday, but sometimes will have to work an 8 hour day o a Saturday which I get off at 2:30PM those days.

Many people are going to think I am an idiot for posting this, but I have no friends in the area and most of my free time is either spent reading about REI, going to the gym (an excessive amount), or sleeping in on the weekends since I don't do anything so it is just wasted time.

I really enjoy doing this kind of work and actually miss it since I am now a supervisor and do not do labor anymore. There is instant gratification in working on a house that I do not get at work. Please connect with me or let me know of a person in Chicago that would be interested in something like this. One last thing- I live in Romeoville and work in Lockport so please if you are deep in the city or on the other side of the city I cannot make it down there. Traffic is too bad and I work 12 hour shifts so I do not want to spend over an hour trying to get down towards the city! If it is on the weekend I can probably swing it! Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...