• Williamstown, NJ
Votes |
Introduction

Cara Campos
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Williamstown, NJ
Posted Aug 26 2015, 09:21

Hello BP world,

I am a new investor and wanted to introduce myself to the community!  I've been silently following many of the forums on here for a while and would like to start out by saying how much I've learned just by going from one topic to the next.  In addition, I've been listening to the podcasts, joined one of the live webinars a few weeks ago AND bought both of J Scott's books on flipping homes.  All have been so critical in gaining invaluable insight and knowledge so I can feel confident enough to pull the trigger on my first deal.  So THANK YOU for that.

A little about me - I grew up in South Jersey, moved to DC for college and stayed for a few years after graduation. Moved back to NJ about a year ago with my now-husband (oddly enough mostly based on the fact we couldn't afford a home of our own down there, but we LOVE DC). Been working for the family business since I moved back but my interests have been in the realm of real estate. Spoke to some family, friends and mentors, and decided to pursue real estate investment (my dad and uncle have done several over the years on the side, so they have been great in leading me in the right direction). Took the required real estate courses, passed the test in June and will be officially hanging my license with a broker next week. Between June and now I have been communicating with several wholesalers, been doing my own investigating by driving around neighborhoods and have been attending several meetings with the local SJREIA. I am looking forward to gaining access to the MLS and hopefully soon after will snag my first deal!

I probably will continue to quietly observe the forums for a while but I one day hope to document my own (hopefully successful) rehab and then possibly be a regular contributor to this amazing knowledge base.  

- Cara 

Loading replies...