Skip to content
Starting Out
Account Closed
  • Reading, PA
Votes |
How "Educated" Do I Need To Be To Start Investing?

Account Closed
  • Reading, PA
Posted Aug 29 2015, 18:21

So I've just read chapter two of the "Ultimate Beginners Guide To REI". The one concerning education. So here's my question:

How educated should I be before I start investing? I have a book called "Principles Of Real Estate Practice 4TH Edition". It's a textbook to help students prepare for the exam required to become licensed. I've read it twice. The book contains a chapter test for each chapter as well as a practice exam. It also has a section on real estate mathematics with problems and answers. It also has a section of general real estate terms. I recently read it and took the tests again.

22 chapter tests total. 19 of the 22 I scored A's and B's. 1 test on the chapter about appraising, a C. The chapter on closings, a D. And the chapter on investment of all chapters, an F. 19 of 22 tests above average score for a total of 86%. B+

Practice exam results: 55 of 75 questions correct. 73% C-

Real estate mathematics test results: 26 of 33 questions correct. 79% C+

I know I should probably read the book and take the tests again but boy, that second time was tough. I was thinking of just going back over the three chapters and the real estate math and terms again, but even that will be tedious and...man. I was just wanting to know if any of you think I've done enough education wise to move forward with investing? I know I'll have to continue my education but right now I'm just a little exhausted from it. I was wondering from some of you out there how much you put into your education before you jumped in and started investing? Thanks for reading and thanks ahead of time for any replies.

Loading replies...