Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Rob Rey
Votes |
Can I get half the Realtors commission rebated back to the owner, then ....

Rob Rey
Posted Mar 31 2009, 09:13

If a Buyer, such as myself, has no Buyer's agent, can I get the Listing Agent to rebate the Buyer's agents Commission back to the Owner, then have this money used to pay the Closing Cost ?

I am contemplating putting an offer in , contingent upon the Buyer's agent commission being rebated back to the Owner, then this money will be used to pay closing cost.

I am thinking this is somewhat common for experienced investors, but I am just guessing .

So , my question is, can I get the Buyers commission rebated back to the owner, then this money is used for closing cost ?

I have come to the conclusion I have no use for a Buyer's agent, I just dont need the hand holding, or the negativity.

I will simply contact the Listing Agent for a showing, after having checked out the House and neighborhood on my own.

I am guessing the Listing Agent will attempt to say this is against their "Code of Ethics" or some other crappy story.

So, if anybody has experience with this concept , please post, and let me be wiser from your experience , and hep me smooth out my presentation to the Listing Agent .

thank you for any and all comments

Loading replies...