• Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Payson, AZ
Votes |
Great way to generate some CAPITAL as a newbie

Nick J.
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Payson, AZ
Posted Apr 16 2009, 07:16

I think most seasoned investors will agree that you need SOME money starting out. Most of those 'get rich quick w/ none of your own money' crap is easily bought into but no real substance. As a few days ago I've started doing Probates and stopped marketing for pre-foreclosures. An individuals blog post was forwarded to me for something else, but reading through he mentioned of a way to make some extra capital that made sense to me, I'd like to share that here for new guys/gals that have no money and would like an 'actual' way to make at least a few bucks ( you won't get rich, but it will help with initial marketing costs, or a way to pay for a course/program/book etc...)

Selling probate leads!

Most investors/Realtors will pay for leads, think about it, we do it all the time, I pay bird dogs for leads that pan out and Realtors will pay for listing leads all the time, why not use that?

So I decided to do it myself and see if was applicable before I decided to post here to help with the newbies.

So I had contacted a few agents that I know and told them I'll be getting some probate leads and selling them for $20 a piece. They all said, "I'll buy a few". One of them told me he'll buy every one of them for $20 (this got me thinking, I should be charging more since he was so eager to pay $20)

I decided this, $20 a piece with a minimum order of 10, that equals $200 for you math guys :mrgreen: . Think about that guys/gals, you can actually make $200 just going down to the courthouse and pulling recent probate files and selling those to Investors/Realtors.

That got me thinking of more step, which I haven't been able to exercise just yet, but I'll be sure to update as soon as I do. Now as an investor I or we obviously want a significant discount right? but what about those that don't want to sell for a discount?................I understand Mr./Mrs. seller (the estate rep) I know a really good Realtor that I can refer to you, why don't I just have him/her give you a call to help you with that?

Now thats a hot lead and it's worth at least $100 or even $200 to a Realtor. This will be a way to generate income in ways that you might not thought possible before, and instead of losing the lead b/c they don't want to sell for a big discount, at least you can make a few bucks that will cover more marketing costs for yourself.

now your market will obviously be a little different, but the point is for those of you that do not have any money at all and could use a few extra bucks to get your own marketing going, this is a very real and very viable source of some extra income.

I hope this helps

Loading replies...