• Beaver, PA
Votes |
Any advice from military vets

Paul H.
  • Investor
  • Beaver, PA
Posted Apr 8 2011, 11:43

Hey BP,

I've been viewing the site for a few weeks now and thought I would put up my first post.

A quick intro, I'm an accounting student near Pittsburgh, PA and will be finishing up within a year. I am looking to gain as much knowledge as I can from this site so I can take part in real estate investing when I have job and the opportunity to do so.

Prior to school I spent a few years in the USMC, which I think may be the greatest career move I will ever make.
From this service I have questions on VA benefits that I am able to take advantage of.

I have 3 somewhat un-related questions and any advice, comments, or concerns would be appreciated.

1. For the veterans, with investing into a SFR would I be better off with going through USAA or the VA ? Also note, I do have excellent credit so maybe there's another, better option than these two ?

2. I would like to be very open to my future career so moving locations may happen. What are your thoughts on investing into a rental when that moving possiblity is there? Is it easy to just let someone else manage it and leave?

3. As for my long term goals, I am interested in owning a large hotel(s). What's the best way to go at this? Through starting small (SFR, rehabbing...), going into a joint venture on a large property, or just find a franchise that will give me money ?

I hope these aren't dumb questions, I am rather new at this.

Thanks guys,
Paul

Loading replies...