Votes
Jacob Reel
  • Columbia, MO
Votes |
How does my plan of action sound?

Jacob Reel
  • Columbia, MO
Posted Oct 4 2011, 15:08

I'm a brand new hopeful investor with no money of my own besides what I bring in with a 28k/year job.

My plan was to start marketing right away. I'm going to put out signs, craigslist ads, and generally drive around trying to find possible investment opportunities. If and when I get calls, I'll go check the place out despite not having any money to buy. I want to get used to talking to sellers and get off the couch!

I'm not exactly sure how to go about calculating ARV. But! I figure I can use free resources to get a rough idea of ARV. I might call up a few realtors and appraisers and ask to pick their mind about how they appraise real estate.

After I've been through the paces a few times, I'm going to bumrush every real estate investor meeting and association within a 50 mile radius! I'm going to talk to as many investors as I can, show them the houses I've scrounged up and ask for advice and $. Hopefully I won't come off as a waste of time and I can find an experienced investor to show me the ropes and (MAYBE) even finance my first deal.

Does this seem like a realistic way to get my foot in the door?

Any advice you can give me about determining ARV?

Thanks!

Loading replies...