Pro Member
  • Woodbridge, VA
Votes |
Feeling a bit discouraged...

Robert Rodriguez
Pro Member
  • Woodbridge, VA
Posted Jan 14 2013, 11:58

Ok so I currently live in the Northern Virginia Area. I was introduced to REI about three years ago by a coworker. I have always though of the idea but he actually put a book infront of me and said read it. From there I was ready to go... of course the big dream go out and make some money and leave my day job. Since then, I went out and purchased a house and have been renting it out from day one. That was when I was 24. I haven't done anything since except read books, and seams like day dream. Well no I am finishing up my Masters degree and think I will have free time to start doing soem things. I spoke with a lender who looked at my numbers and informed me that I would need 15% down payment for an investment property in this area and I don't qualify for a loan. I suppose cause of my House I bought and my 50k in school loans. I really would liked to be involved in flipping but now that I can't get a loan I am not sure where to go from here... There aren't too many houses under 100k in Northern Virginia, or atleast not that i know of...

Loading replies...