• Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Who Wants To Be A Mentor?

J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorPosted Feb 10 2013, 16:21

Is it just me, or has the number of mentor/coach/guru threads pick up tenfold over the past month or so?

Anyway, there are clearly a lot of people who are just starting out and are looking for help to get started. I've been pretty vocal about the fact that -- while there is nothing wrong with paying for a coach -- there are other, less costly avenues that can be just as, or more, fruitful for budding investors.

I've mentored a few other up-and-coming investors in the past (75% success ratio), but with the new family, I haven't had much time the past year or two. I'm thinking I might be ready again over the next few months...

I wanted to find out if any of the more seasoned investors here on BP may be interested in putting together a little "competition," where a bunch of us each takes on one new mentoring student for a few months and coaches them through a deal. We could even share mentoring tips, educational materials, etc. to make it easier for each of us and our students.

Perhaps even a larger group mentoring session on a monthly basis by phone or Skype, in addition to the local 1:1 coaching.

Any BP folks interested in potentially joining me in taking on a new student in 2013?

Loading replies...