Votes
Andrew Lummus
  • Texarkana, AR
Votes |
Major Stepping Stone Found!

Andrew Lummus
  • Texarkana, AR
Posted Feb 22 2013, 10:03

Ok, I'm not completely sure this is the correct place for this but I needed to share this small success with individuals who would appreciate it.

Yesterday I sent an email to a realty group that my Dad remembered from attempting to help my parents during their foreclosure process, which ended up being too little too late. That aside, my email basically stated that I was an aspiring real estate investor who was looking to network and build friendships with other investors in the area in attempt to gain knowledge and guidance from more experienced investors.

This morning, about an hour and a half ago, I received a phone call from the owner of the group and REI himself. The call ended with him agreeing to work with me in exchange for my time and permission to call him on his personal cell anytime for questions/advice/guidance. And that there were other REIs that he would introduce me to and help me network.

This has been the answer to prayers and hard work looking for others in my area.

So for those who are just starting, they're out there but you've got to put in the work to go find them because they aren't looking for you.

“I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson

Thank you, biggerpockets, for keeping motivated and informed!

Loading replies...