Votes
Nick Breslin
  • Gresham, OR
Votes |
Good buy and hold markets

Nick Breslin
  • Gresham, OR
Posted Apr 28 2013, 10:25

I am just starting out in real estate, and have been told by multiple people that a buy and hold strategy for positive cash flow, while getting a decent COCR in my area (Portland, OR) is very difficult/ not possible. I am young, want to get into investing full time in cash flow multi family rentals in the coming years, and want the highest chance of success as possible. That said, I feel like relocating to a better market would greatly increase my chance of success, and I am willing to do that. I would like to know what parts of the US make a similar strategy have the highest chance of success. I have done a little research myself, and Atlanta seems to be one of the better places for this type of strategy. Any other suggestions of possible places to move to are appreciated, as well as things to consider when choosing a city. Thanks.

FROM MODERATE: If you recommend a location, provide an explanation of WHY you recommend that location. "Because I have properties for sale there" is NOT a good reason.

Loading replies...