Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Eric F.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
Building a rental portfolio with Subject To/Lease Options?

Eric F.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Posted Jul 8 2013, 16:47

Hi,

I have been thinking about different ways to get some rental properties for a few months. I was thinking a good way, before the market really rises, is get some Subject To or under a lease option, with the option hopefully at 5 years, and then renting them out for more than the payment.

I know Karen Rittenhouse started this way, with Subject To's, from her Podcast, which I swear I listened to 5 times at least. It is inspiring and even more so that she lives 2 hours down I-40 from me (I am in Raleigh, NC).

Is this still a doable strategy in this rising market? In Raleigh houses are going fast and prices are rising.

There seems to be a lot of Lease Options and Wholesaling Lease Options posts, but what about using them to build a buy and hold strategy? And Subject To's? I am hoping to get two or three properties this way to start my land lording career and continuing to grow as I learn how best to manage tenants and workloads.

I bought a Wendy Patton book about these as well, which I am about to read again (I read it a few months ago).

Loading replies...