Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
David Ostrow
  • Exton, PA
Votes |
Auction.com Occupied Property - but no one lives there.

David Ostrow
  • Exton, PA
Posted Jul 16 2014, 05:36

I am looking at a property on auction.com. it is an "occupied property" I have done the title work and it looks like I will get a clean title with the exception of the occupied status.

There is clearly no one living there. The house is not locked. We were able to go in the front door. There is no electric on. The house is a mess, no biggie. The house has all kinds of garbage and remnants of the prior owner there. A Tv, garbage, boxes of stuff, no furniture, some tools, etc. All appliances are in place but getting rid of them as a part of the reno. I am sure you get the picture and have seen this before.

I am told by the Auction.com closing staff that I will need to get an eviction order to get the title fully clear. OK no problem. If no one is living there and no one knows where they are, how does that work. The neighbor (an member of my church) has told me that they have not lived in the house for many many months. She also told me the chain of ownership that matches the deed recordings at the county. I will clearly talk to my attorney but wanted some guidance. This property is in Pennsylvania.

Any one have any ideas on how to handle this?

Thanks for your help.

dave

Loading replies...