Timothy Cervantes
  • Fresno, Ca
Votes |
TAX DEED SALE - Owner pullback?

Timothy Cervantes
  • Fresno, Ca
Posted Feb 11 2015, 12:51

Multiple questions here but here is the scenario I have

Vacant home that has been abandoned by the children of a woman who passed away several years ago.  Taxes haven't been paid since 2007 (ish).  I know the family and it is in the neighborhood where I grew up and which I am looking to invest in.  The family doesn't have the funds to pay the taxes back but I was thinking that I could work something out with them.

Home is free and clear, deeded to the woman's estate (as far as I can tell through my limited research).

Back taxes are 9 k

Land Value 24k

Assessed value 75k

Conservative ARV is 100k

Needed repairs UNKNOWN

The home needs some serious love cosmetically.  I've heard rumors about there being a serious mold problem in the house and that was the reason why the kids left.  Not sure about any other improvements needed.  I'll assume the worst but I think I can get access or permission to access.

Questions

1.  The tax auction is March 6th, can the family pay up and pull it back from auction if taxes and fees are paid up to date?

2.  The county is Fresno County, Ca does anyone know if this would be listed if had been listed previously for a tax deed auction in this auction?  Could I simply just call and find out?  The family won't know.

My plan would be to work out a deal with family to have the property deeded to me for the amount of the back taxes and value of the land.  I believe that is a fair amount so in essence 35k.  Everyone wins.  I would then hold as my very first investment property.

I never plan on Tax Deeds being my niche but this is a property that I've been interested in and my research has taken me there.  Any input or advice (specifically those who deal in this niche) would be greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...