• Real Estate Investor
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Votes |
Real Estate Agent or Appraiser

Aaron Junck
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Posted Nov 24 2013, 20:51

I have been contemplating going to get my Realtor's license for a while now. After my waiting a few days, for my realtor to get me comps back, for a property that I was looking to purchase and then finding out the day I received the comps and submitted my offer was coincidentally the same day it was listed on the market.... needless to say I was out bid by 4k.

This leads me to my question. Many many pros out here on BP recommend getting your license. Let me make it clear I don't want to be a realtor. I want to be a real estate investor. :) I was told that appraisers have access to MLS.

So are there any appraisers out here on BP that feel it is beneficial being an appraiser vs a realtor? What type of investment does one need for an appraiser vs realtor and what liabilities or other concerns should a person consider evaluating these ?

I understand that being a realtor you can make some decent coin for being a part of your own transactions but does being an appraiser lead a person to some other deals that might not be seen by realtors?

Thanks for all your input.

Loading replies...