Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Cary Trusty
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Obtain Indiana salesperson/broker license before July 1st or no?

Cary Trusty
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Apr 9 2014, 12:36

I'm looking for some advice from our investors and agents in the Indiana and Indianapolis market. I've thought it over and feel that obtaining my salesperson license (soon to be broker license) is the right move for me.

I have reviewed the scenarios via RECP's website (http://www.recp.org/RECP/Resources/FAQs/RECP/ContentAreas/Resources/FAQs.aspx?hkey=eeb3a5da-9d4b-4bff-bec2-70a512b96eed) and I'm open to feedback on whether or not I should wait til after July 1st 2014.

For those just curious, Indiana has made some law changes that go into effect July 1st that removes the salesperson license while moving to a Broker vs Managing Broker structure. As the link shows, I would have to pass the 54 hr pre-license course (by passing 3 tests), pass state exam, apply for salesperson license, pass a 24 hr broker transition course, pass 25 question exam, and apply for the new broker license (all before July 1st).

I'm not married, no children, 28 years old -- so I have time :-) If I can finish in 3-4 weeks, I would gain access to the MLS (BLC) about 2 months sooner.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Loading replies...