• Crystal, MN
Votes |
Buyers Agents Have Worked Well

David Moore
  • Investor
  • Crystal, MN
Posted May 14 2014, 21:19

Correction: Buyers Agents Have Not Worked Well

I'm an investor in Southern Minnesota. When I first started here, I wanted a buyers agent, and found one who was an investor and also a property manager. She helped me find a community banker whom I use today. But I found quickly she would never respond to emails and phone calls. Opportunities would slip by because she was so busy running her side business, she couldn't get me into properties.

I then continued without a buyers agent, and found a property my wife and I liked, and contacted the sellers agent, and voila, the service was great, and I knew full well the agent was all on the seller's side..but I got the property.

We liked the selling agent, so we retained him, and found opportunity after opportunity was followed slowly. He was good at showings, but slow at strategy. Other investors kept beating us to bids, and I was going days between asking for purchase orders and following up with phone calls. I finally got him to get a PA in today, but it is the last straw.

My experience leads me to think...much better off with out Purchasing agent. It adds an unneccesary level of hoops to jump thourgh. With a sellers agent, you have one communication, not an email, and then another email or voice mail in between. Your thoughts?

Loading replies...