• Sugar Land, TX
Votes |
How did you find your Realtor?

Denise Mayo-Walley
  • Investor
  • Sugar Land, TX
Posted May 17 2014, 12:26

Hello everyone,

I am trying to purchase my first property in the Houston area. I have my financial go lined up and have narrowed down my areas where I would like to purchase a property.

A coworker of mine has several rental properties and recommended her Realtor. I spoke with him and set up for a search on Har.com. We went to look at properties. He works under a company that has both Realtor services and property management services. When showing me the properties he seemed very knowledgeable about things investors should consider and had suggestions about which properties would be a good purchase.

HOWEVER, he has terrible communication skills and I often will not get a response to a text message or email about a property until the next day after contacting him again. I expressed my issues before but today I emailed him and let him know that this wouldn't work after a property I asked to see since Thursday was changed from active to pending.

All that being said,how did you all go about finding a Realtor that is experienced with investors AND understands acting quickly. Honestly, most Realtors will do it willingly but experience is helpful.

Loading replies...