• Real Estate Agent
  • Rocklin, CA
Votes |
Terminate a relationship with Agent

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Rocklin, CA
Posted Jul 24 2014, 18:03

I am struggling with my real estate agent. I've been working with her now for approximately 2 months and initially mentioned that if she brought me a deal that she could have the listing agreement once I fix it up and am ready to flip it. 

However, over the course of our relationship I haven't been too happy with her efforts. I think she is really trying her best, but she is swamped and doesn't have the time to really search for properties for me. She doesn't know how to provide an ARV, and doesn't know how to locate a good deal. I have been guiding her the whole way essentially just telling her to bring me all of the dumps in the city and I will determine what's a good deal.

I am going to have my RE license within the next month or so, and I am not sure how to break off our relationship. I have a property under contract that she found for me, but to be honest I don't want to give her the listing once I am ready to put it back on the market. I feel like I will save thousands of dollars by listing it myself and will do just as good of a job as her by listing it myself. 

What is the proper way to break off our relationship? I don't want to burn any bridges and want to remain professional. Do I have an obligation to give her this listing because I did verbally tell her I would if she finds me a deal. But I also didn't have my license back then too when I said that.

Loading replies...