Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Troy Sheets
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Looking for experienced bulldog of an agent in Philadelphia for primary residence

Troy Sheets
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Aug 14 2013, 10:45

As the title says I'm looking for an experienced agent in the Philadelphia area that is tenacious and can get things done. When I ask to get into a house I don't want to wait a week (or longer) to hear back from the listing agent, I need a proactive agent that will get me into a house today! I've been waiting 5 days to get into a $400k (I only mention price so you realize it's not a $20k property, it's a good commission) triplex I'm looking at for my primary residence. The tenants require 24 hours notice but my realtor can't get in touch with the listing agent and won't go around the listing agent to the broker to secure access. In the meantime, my rate lock is going to expire, my lease is up at the end of September and my realtor is going on vacation today for 5 days, I'm extremely motivated (and frustrated)!!! I've lost multiple properties in the last two months due to my current realtors lackadaisical attitude. He wasn't referred to me, he just happened to be the realtor that was on the Redfin listing for the first house my wife and I looked at and is a genuinely nice guy, however, to say the least, our styles don't mesh.

The last house my wife and I looked at with him I asked for comps on, he sent me three other similar houses that were for sale in the area and when I asked for sold comps he never got back to me. The best part is, he owns his own small brokerage and he's been a realtor for at least 20 years.

I'd like to build a relationship with a Philly realtor for not only this transaction but hopefully many more to come. Looking forward to a few recommendations, thanks all!

Loading replies...