• Flipper/Rehabber
  • PA
Votes |
reserve account placed on hold without knowing

Mike Parks
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • PA
Posted Dec 2 2014, 17:50

ok im not quite sure if anyone other than an attorney can answer this question but Ill give it a shot and see what responses I get.

I have been doing business with a local credit union in my area for a couple years now. I have reached a point with my portfolio that has required me (as of my last refi in July) to put monies in a reserve account. Now my first issue with this is that the bank had me put 2 months worth of mortgage payments in the bank for not only the last deal, but all previous deals that the bank had already approved, now I don't have a problem with that, but they also made me put in reserves 2 months worth of payments for loans that are not even held with this particular institution. Why should they have to protect themselves from potential "loss" for loans that arent theirs? I wasnt too concerned at the time because I wanted to get the last deal done so I met their request and put this money that they requested into a reserve account. 

They expressed to me that this would be an account that shouldn't be touched (used) or it could jeopardize future loans being approved, ok no worries lets get the deal done!!!! Well unbeknownst to me I later found out that the bank actually put a hold on this particular account so I have no access to the funds if need be. I feel like this was sneaky and left unclear. I emailed several parties that were involved with this "reserve account" fiasco including the banks portfolio manager, the vp of commercial lending dept, as well as the "member business relationship officer" and no one responded to my emails except the last party which is the least important person on the list. He was basically the middle man for the conversation relaying.

My question is, is it standard procedure for banks to put a "hold" on a reserve account so that you have no access to those funds and Is it legal for them to do it without any singed documents agreeing to the terms? Its not a lot of money, but I do not wish to do business with this institution anymore for a number of reasons and would like to close out my accounts and this particular account has money in it that I do not have access to. 

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance

Loading replies...