Skip to content
Mortgage Brokers & Lenders

User Stats

Votes
Luke Montoya
  • Investor
  • Mahomet, Illinois
Votes |
Use an Out-of-State Lender for Out-of-State Properties?

Luke Montoya
  • Investor
  • Mahomet, Illinois
Posted Jun 29 2015, 21:00

I own a couple rentals in the same out-of-state city and am potentially interested in purchasing more in the same out-of-state city.  I would like to establish a long term business relationship with a lender for one of the current properties and all future properties.  I am wondering whether it makes more sense to seek a relationship with a lender near where I live or in the out-of-state city.  At this point I am leaning towards seeking a relationship with a nationwide bank near where I live (either the one I use for my general banking or the one that holds the mortgage on one of my rental properties (the second property is financed with private money that I would like to eventually refinance out with a conventional loan to extend the payment period)) based on being able to meet in person to discuss deals, but I could be persuaded otherwise.  At this point I only have two rentals, so I don't need a portfolio lender yet.  Any advice is welcome but I would particularly appreciate advice from someone with experience with this.  Thank you.

Loading replies...