BiggerPockets

Question On Brokering NPN's

Forum Powered By:

5 posts by 3 users

LaCore Bell

Real Estate Investor from Circleville , West Virginia

Mar 23 '11, 10:48 PM

Hello, my name is Corey Bell, of Note Financial Services. I started out as a performing note finder/broker, back in 2006 and as of last year I recently moved up to purchasing some notes not all for my own portfolio. Now that that is out of the way.

I recently had 3 NPN's come to my inbox, and while normally I would push them to the side, I thought that I would try sending them out to a few NPN buyer prospects and test the waters, and so far I have gotten one response, which sounds pretty promising.

:idea:Now own to my question: How much should I charge for finding these NPN's. When I was a note finder/broker I would normal charge between $1 to $2K to the investor, but I do not know the proper protocol with NPN's.

I need some Advice

Thanks

Steve Sparks

Real Estate Investor from cincinnati, Ohio

Mar 24 '11, 01:03 AM

The same amount is fair for a quality note at a quality price and will bring you more business.

LaCore Bell

Real Estate Investor from Circleville , West Virginia

Mar 24 '11, 01:36 AM

Steve,
So if I am understanding you correctly, like back in my note finder/broker days, is that if I get a offer for lets say hypotheicaly speaking $15K then I deduct my fee of $1K and offer my client $14K.

Steve Sparks

Real Estate Investor from cincinnati, Ohio

Mar 24 '11, 01:41 AM

you got it my man..

Marc Faulkner

Real Estate Investor from Kalamazoo, Michigan

Mar 27 '11, 12:52 PM

Yes just discount your offer from the investor/buyer by whatever you wish to make as usual. If you get an agreement from the seller at your discounted offer, you will get the difference at closing.

Medium cfslogoMarc Faulkner, Creative Funding Service, Inc.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 269-806-8802

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums