BiggerPockets

Question On Brokering NPN's

Forum Powered By:

5 posts by 3 users

LaCore Bell

Real Estate Investor from Circleville , West Virginia

Mar 23 '11, 10:48 PM

Hello, my name is Corey Bell, of Note Financial Services. I started out as a performing note finder/broker, back in 2006 and as of last year I recently moved up to purchasing some notes not all for my own portfolio. Now that that is out of the way.

I recently had 3 NPN's come to my inbox, and while normally I would push them to the side, I thought that I would try sending them out to a few NPN buyer prospects and test the waters, and so far I have gotten one response, which sounds pretty promising.

:idea:Now own to my question: How much should I charge for finding these NPN's. When I was a note finder/broker I would normal charge between $1 to $2K to the investor, but I do not know the proper protocol with NPN's.

I need some Advice

Thanks

Steve Sparks

Real Estate Investor from cincinnati, Ohio

Mar 24 '11, 01:03 AM

The same amount is fair for a quality note at a quality price and will bring you more business.

LaCore Bell

Real Estate Investor from Circleville , West Virginia

Mar 24 '11, 01:36 AM

Steve,
So if I am understanding you correctly, like back in my note finder/broker days, is that if I get a offer for lets say hypotheicaly speaking $15K then I deduct my fee of $1K and offer my client $14K.

Steve Sparks

Real Estate Investor from cincinnati, Ohio

Mar 24 '11, 01:41 AM

you got it my man..

Marc Faulkner

Real Estate Investor from Kalamazoo, Michigan

Mar 27 '11, 12:52 PM

Yes just discount your offer from the investor/buyer by whatever you wish to make as usual. If you get an agreement from the seller at your discounted offer, you will get the difference at closing.

Medium_1124721_we_have_a_dealMarc Faulkner, Creative Funding Service, Inc.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 269-806-8802

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums