• Involved In Real Estate
  • Center Line, MI
Votes |
You Never Forget Your First

Alton Williams
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Center Line, MI
Posted Apr 10 2014, 15:08

I was just thinking about the first deal I did a couple of years ago and how it came together.

It was an investor that had bought about 40 homes back in like 2010 and never paid taxes on any of them so it was a fire sale. He had one in particular in Roseville, MI that I liked and I went back and forth with the agent until finally I had him agree to a land contract for $7,000 with a $1,500 down payment and I would catch up the taxes (approx. $4,300). Payments were $500/mo and they did not start for 3 months. Me being a novice went and had to bring people in (my father included) because I did not have all the money for the taxes. That was the beginning of the ending. I ended up having to get rid of the house and took a loss. This was my initiation. I still love it though, it's like that girlfriend you never forget about even though she broke your heart (not that this happened to me before lol). Any other BP members want to share the first time they popped their cherry and if it was all it was cracked up to be.

Loading replies...