• Chicago, IL
Votes |
Thanks

Ian Fisher
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Jul 24 2014, 23:55

Hi BiggerPockets community

I wanted to send a quick note of thanks to the whole community: as a (very) remote investor, finding BiggerPockets has been a real eye opener for me.

Until I found this community a few months ago, my investment strategy was limited to working with one turnkey provider to whom I'd been introduced a number of years ago, and zero options for leverage. Nothing wrong with him at all - but since coming to BiggerPockets, I've:

- had my eyes opened to a much broader range of potential deal types and structures - including many who are ready to truly "partner" rather than my previous setup of simply being "sold to"

- been impressed and grateful for the extent to which so many of you have been willing to answer questions I've posted on here and asked privately

- gone through what I feel like is nearly an entire self-taught course on real estate investment (and no doubt with an absolute ton still to learn)

- made connections with a number of you that I am confident will lead to mutually profitable business (I'll protect the names of the innocent, you know who you are)

- found ample opportunities to leverage my funds - though clearly am always looking for more!

So, in a word, THANKS! I can only hope to repay the favor someday - look me up if any of you ever pass through Hong Kong.

Loading replies...