• Investor
  • Lake Mary, FL
Votes |
How I finally found a mentor!

Alejandro Saenz
  • Investor
  • Lake Mary, FL
Posted Aug 19 2014, 08:23

After 5 months of trial and error I've found an amazing mentor that I've been meeting with every weekend for the past 2 months. I just wanted to share the story because I had to reach out to several investors until I finally found someone that was willing to work with me.

These are places where I tried to find someone:

--My local REIA but didn't have much luck there.

--Googling "we buy houses" and contacting those investors through their online form.  

--Lastly I pulled a list from our assessors page and imported into excel. Found people with 10 or more properties here in my area. For those where an LLC owned the property I found their companies online and emailed them.

Finally the investor I'm working with now replied and he agreed to go out and have coffee. 

One of the most important things I learned is, present yourself as someone who can bring some value to the table. Don't talk about the thing that you want to learn, instead tell them how you can save them time, or make their life a little bit easier. Whether it is posting rental ads in the internet, interviewing potential renters, or even hanging mini blinds. I'm a professional web developer, and I bring value by helping them with their web presence.

Be persistent, you never know if the next email is the one that someone will reply too. 

Loading replies...